Specification of Di Ammonium Phosphate
- Molecular Formula : (NH4)2HPO4
- Molecular Weight : 132.1
- Appearance : White crystalline Powder
- PH Range (1% w/v) : 7.8 to 8.9
- Assay : 97.00 %
- P2O5 content : 52.00 %
- 'N' Content : 21.00 %
- Iron as 'Fe' Content : 0.02 %
- Chloride Content : 0.2 %
- 'SO4' content : 0.03
Applications of Di Ammonium Phosphate:
- It is also used in impregnating lamp wicks as well as preventing after glow in matches.
- It is used for fireproofing textiles, paper, wood and vegetable fibers.
- It is used in dentifrices, in corrosion inhibitors
- It proves as a flux for soldering tin, copper, brass & zinc
- Diammonium Phosphate can be used as a fire retardant.
- Di Ammonium Phosphate is used in yeast cultures,
- It is used in purifying sugar,
- It is widely used in fertilizers.